Entertainment is enjoyment when nothing is restricting it. Movies, shows, matches, reruns, etc. are all the evidence of living in the moment with many people at once. It is the representation of an idea and a thought; both of these must remain unconstrained. This is very much like how your power to view, understand and interpret them must remain untrammeled. We like adding the ‘extra’ to the ‘ordinary’ and if you are looking for the same in entertainment streaming or Audio/Video services, then you are at the right place!
Over the years, thanks to the advent of technology, the importance of visual depiction of ideas and occurrences have grown. With them, streaming services like Hulu, Voot, Netflix, TV+, Viu and many more have arrived. They do have certain restrictions, monetary and geographical, about their usage despite the charges they avail from their customers. Thus, a new form of streaming on other third-party applications, along with these magical additions of content called ‘add-ons’ have surfaced.
Everything about Add-ons
Add-ons are extensions to a given application. They can be changed from another on a stable primary application and there are loads of them to choose from. To use an add-on, you must need to be registered with the primary app – in this case, Kodi. It is very easy to install Kodi on a host of different devices and one of the most popular is the Firestick.
After doing so, you will need to access their repository which is essentially the home for all those add-ons that the application supports. In the streaming industry, all such add-ons bring countless features, a vast diversity of content and interaction, high-quality streaming, social sections and many more.
However, what these add-ons do not promise are safety and risk-free streaming. Nothing to worry about, though. We have a solution for you all figured out. Read on to find more about this miraculous invention called VPN.
Ozone of the Internet: The VPN
A VPN is miraculous because, in the past, there was nothing that guaranteed your safety while on the internet. But now, with a reliable VPN, you can establish an encrypted and safe connection between your server and your computer. It is like the ozone layer for the internet, preventing your connection and your data from snoopers.
There are great security and information risks while streaming on apps and add-ons. This is because these add-ons contain copyrighted content and not very neatly managed. There is a high chance of your data being stolen, your browser history monitored. It is also reported that the Internet Service Providers too keep a track of your data and hold them to sell that data with no regard to your privacy. So, what are the other numerous threats that users face when their internet connection is not guarded by a VPN?
- Identity theft
- WiFi eavesdropping
- Copyright infringement
- Prone to unethical hacking
- Deliberate slow connections
- Legal persecution charges
Any internet connection starts with an IP address. Without a VPN, your IP address is exposed. If you are connected to a public WiFi, your exposed address can make it easier for snoopers to access your data and credentials. However, a VPN like Shellfire VPN can help protect you from these risks and more. Without this VPN, if you stream your favorite shows and channels on these add-ons, you can be caught for watching and distributing copyrighted content. It is therefore clear that you must use a VPN to protect yourself and this becomes important especially when you’re streaming on these add-ons. Well, VPNs also come with additional perks.
Benefits of VPN
- A good VPN encrypts your online traffic and makes it harder for any snooper to access the information that is transmitted through your connection. This traffic, when you have a VPN, is protected and since the disturbances are eliminated by the VPN, the deliberate slowness vanishes.
- A VPN enables anonymous browsing. When you get connected to a network, you get the opportunity to choose your server, from any given state/country. This means that your IP address gets changed. Thus, your data becomes untraceable. Shellfire VPN, for example, has servers all over the world that you can access and use.
- Since your IP address is masked by a fake address by you choosing your server, it has a different benefit. As mentioned earlier, streaming sites are often restricted by geographical constraints and money barriers. The perk of having a VPN is, since you can now choose your server, from any country, you will now be watching the show from that country. Say, for example, a particular YouTube stream is unavailable in your country. If you have a VPN, you can opt for an American server. And since the stream is not blocked in America, you will now be watching it, posing as a person from America. A VPN lets you do that.
- Since you are anonymous and your IP address cannot be traced so easily on a VPN, you can now stream any sort of content without the fear of being hacked or snooped on.
That being said, where can you watch these shows? There are a few other ways to watch these add-ons. One popular one is the official Kodi application that has its repository of third-party add-ons. The other option is an Amazon TV FireStick. So, what are those excellent add-ons that you can use to watch your heart’s fill? Here’s a list of a few.
- Exodus (Version 8) is now back in its new form! Exodus was taken down but is now back. It looks the same but with many more additions. It is superb to browse through TV shows and latest movie releases. With an entire library of up to date movie lists, it’s a fantastic one.
- Loki is another excellent add-on that packs in some great popular sit-coms, documentaries, music, cartoons, stand-up special editions, movies, and TV shows. Everything is neatly categorized into genres by categories which means you can choose your pick according to your mood.
- Cerebro IPTV+ is a specific add-on that is dedicated to sports. It is packed with match highlights, reruns, sports documentaries, live TV, etc. You can easily install Cerebro IPTV+ by following these instructions.
- Red Bull TV is the only that is directionally dedicated to adrenaline-filled sports and live TV. The add-on brings everything in it to have a power-packed library of exciting sports. Red Bull TV is available directly from the official Kodi repository.
- Venom is one intuitive add-on that has innovation integrated into its interface. It is integrated with IMDb and Trakt. This means you can now watch shows and movies according to the latest and accurate trends that the internet is also watching. It also lets you create playlists of movies and TV shows that you share. How exciting! Follow these steps to get Venom installed quickly.
- Death From Above is the best of all. It has IPTV, live TV, child-suited content, sports shows, TV shows and everything else fitted into one giant package. This is a deal-breaker.
The best thing about Android boxes though is that you are not restricted just to Kodi when it comes to entertainment. You can also directly install some apps on the box itself.
- SportzTV is a great app if you’re a fan of sports in general. It offers lots of different events and matches and is really high quality. Follow these instructions to get SportzTV on your device.
- DAZN is another sports-specific app that is really good. However you will need to pay for access, but it is a lot cheaper than a regular cable subscription and you get some of the biggest events out there.
- CatMouse APK. If you want a single app that offers access to all of the best entertainment out there, you want to get CatMouse APK. Check out how to get it on your device here.
Now that you have all the various add-ons known to you, it’s time for you to start your entertainment journey. But before you do that, don’t forget to get a VPN like Shellfire VPN. Remember, safety over anything else! No risk is worth taking if it means certain loss and without a VPN, streaming on these sites and add-ons is certain forfeiture. Stay smart and stay safe.