Kodi is popular for its countless add-ons that can be downloaded from the internet. One of these addons is the famous Smaug addon. Here is our updated guide to install Smaug Kodi Addon in 2020.
Smaug Kodi addon is one of the most reliable Kodi addons offering innumerable lists of media content including movies, documentaries, kids videos, TV shows, series and so much more. With their amazing high-quality videos that work without lagging or buffering, you can rely on the addon for unlimited entertainment at any time!
Also, the interface of the addon is very suitable for all types of users. If you are looking for an addon to satisfy all your entertainment needs, make sure you follow the steps below on how to install Smaug Kodi Addon.
Features of Smaug Kodi Addon
Smaug Kodi Addon has countless features that make it so amazing. One of the best features of Smaug is that the video quality is better than most addons out there. It allows you to stream up to 1080p and all the streaming links work very smoothly without lagging. This is why you do not have to worry about buffering time or broken links with this addon. Furthermore, the addon features a huge amount of media content like movies, videos, documentaries, TV series, etc.
All the media content in Smaug is organized into lists so that you will not have to spend time looking for what you want to watch. You can simply browse the lists and find amazing content. Smaug also has a new list called Smaug Monthly Selection, where you will find the best-selected content to watch. The addon works perfectly with many devices including Fire TV Cube, computers, iOS devices, Android devices, and FireStick. For instructions on installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire device follow this link. Apart from all this, the addon also has a nice and simple interface which makes it easy for anyone to navigate through it.
Advantages of Installing Smaug Kodi Add-on
- Various lists of media content, with different categories to choose from
- Simple and easy-to-use interface for all kinds of users
- Streaming links with high-quality video (up to 1080p)
- Works with many devices including Android Devices, FireStick, iOS devices, Fire TV Cube, computers, etc.
- New list called Smaug Monthly Selection, with the latest content.
Disadvantages of Smaug Kodi Add-on
- As Smaug is a third-party addon, you should be careful while using it.
- A few of the streaming links might cause issues but the rest of them work fine.
Using a VPN for security
Virtual Private Network, VPNs, is a software that acts as a tunnel between you and any website that you are surfing on the internet, to guard you against the various threats you might be exposed to. These threats may include malware, identity theft, viruses, etc. This is why we have done our research and would recommend Shellfire VPN to all our readers who love browsing the internet and streaming online media content.
Shellfire VPN works to keep you safe from all kinds of threats you could be exposed to, on the internet. While most VPNs save your browsing history and data on to their servers when you use them, Shellfire VPN does not do this. It has a no-logging system that helps it to keep your data from being saved onto its servers. With other VPN providers If the data saved on the servers is leaked or stolen, it can help anyone track you down. This is why it is important to make sure you use a VPN that does not save any of your activity.
Another important feature of Shellfire VPN is its global network of servers. VPNs need to have servers all over the world to ensure privacy and connectivity. Another advantage of this network is the ability it provides users with bypassing restrictions on content.
Installing Smaug Kodi Addon
As Smaug is a third-party Kodi addon, you will have to go to the Kodi application settings and allow Kodi to enable download from unknown sources. Follow the steps below to install the addon:
- Launch your Kodi app and go to the settings option (the cogwheel icon on the top left corner of the window)
- Hover your cursor on the Add-ons option.
- Here you have to enable the option that says ‘Unknown Sources’ and then go back to the System interface.
- In the system interface, you will see the File Manager option. Click it.
- Now hit Add Source button and then click on <None> to add the repository.
- The system will ask you to type the URL to the repo.Type in the following link: http://nitronwizard.co.uk/repository
- It will then prompt you to give a name to the media source. You can write whatever you like, e.g. Nitron
- Hit the OK button.
- Head back to the system interface and click the Add-ons option.
- Choose the name you gave to your media source i.e. Nitron
- Select Install from zip file
- Select repository.NitronRepo.zip and hit OK
- You will see a message saying Nitron Repo add-on installed
- Hit Install from repository
- Click Nitron Repo
- Select video add-ons
- Now select Smaug
- Hit Install and you will be notified
- Navigate back to your Kodi Home Screen.
- Go to Add-ons and launch the Smaug addon
Smaug Kodi addon is one of the best out there. With its amazing video quality and unlimited content, it has become popular among Kodi users. Make sure you carefully follow the instructions to install Smaug Kodi addon. All the media files on Smaug are arranged in well-organized lists for easy access. The user interface is also very easy to use and simple. Nevertheless, every time you are surfing the internet, use a VPN like Shellfire VPN to defend yourself against all external threats. Happy streaming!