Netflix is the holy grail of Video On Demand (VOD) services. In its journey from a DVD renting service to an online streaming service in 2007, there has been no stopping the company.
In 2016, Netflix opened its doors to users from more than 200 countries across the world. However, the content that people get in different Netflix regions varies greatly. Many regions are blocked from the service, or are unable to watch the popular US shows. With media streaming devices like Kodi, TV streaming has gone to a new level, which makes it even more important for people to access whatever they want from wherever they are. Luckily, you can access Netflix USA on Kodi from anywhere using a VPN.
How to Setup Netflix on Kodi
The first step in accessing Netflix USA and getting it up and running, is to setup Netflix on your Kodi. Follow these steps to do so:
- Download the alelec repository from http://www.alelec.net/kodi/repository.alelec.zip
- At the Kodi home screen, find System -> Settings
- Look for Add-ons in the pane on the left of your screen and select ‘Install from zip ’
- Look for the alelec repository you downloaded in step 1, and select it to unzip it
- Go back to the previous menu and navigate through Install from repository ->alelecKodi repo -> Program Add-ons
- Select ‘Chrome Launcher’ in the next step and wait until you see the ‘add-on enabled’ message
- Go back to the Add-ons menu and navigate through Install from repository ->alelecKodi repo ->VideoAdd
- Double click on the NetfliXBMC so that the Kodi Netflix add-on installs on your Kodi
- From the Kodi Home screen, navigate through Videos -> Add-ons ->NetfliXBMC
- Enter your Netflix account credentials in the pop-up that appears and start streaming Netflix on your Kodi
How to access Netflix USA on Kodi from anywhere
Now that you have setup Netflix on your Kodi, it is time to learn how to access Netflix USA. This requires a VPN connection since you need to change your IP address. VPNs not only encrypt your traffic to hide your online activity, but they also help you bypass geo-restrictions. This is because VPNs hide your true IP address with that of their own server. The location of that server appears to be your location. This helps you unblock geo-restricted streaming services.
To access Netflix USA on Kodi from anywhere, follow these steps:
- Go to shellfire.net
- Look for the Shellfire Box menu on the homepage
- Choose between the 1 year and 2 year box deals
- Pay for the Shellfire Box
- Connect the Shellfire Box to your router at home
- Open your Kodi
- Use the Shellfire Box web interface to choose a US server
- Connect to the US server
- Open Netflix on Kodi
- You will get access to the Netflix USA library now
Although Shellfire VPN can be subscribed to in the usual manner, we recommend you use the Shellfire Box, since it gives strong VPN protection for all your devices connected to the router. There isn’t support for Kodi from Shellfire as of now, but using the Shellfire Box, you can use the high-speed connections and strong protection that Shellfire VPN offers to stream Netflix USA on your Kodi.
Netflix is available in more than 200 countries around the world right now, but the Netflix library isn’t the same in all these locations. This is why people want to access Netflix USA, since it is the biggest and best library among all Netflix versions. Using a VPN, you can access Netflix USA on your Kodi from anywhere in the world.