The FIFA World Cup is here again after a 4-year wait. This year’s FIFA World Cup matches will be extremely competitive with countries like Panama and Iceland making their first appearances. Five African countries will also be competing in the international football tournament.
Germany, who are the defending champions, will have to work hard to reclaim their championship against top teams like Portugal, Brazil and France in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The Argentinian squad is one of the fan-favorites with seasoned winger Lionel Messi holding the front line alongside Higuaín and Sergio Kun Aguero. After losing in the 2014 FIFA World Cup final against Germany, Argentina will have to fight hard to take up a position in the final and win this year’s FIFA World Cup.
This year’s FIFA World Cup will be held in Russia where the home team will open the tournament on the 14th of June against Saudi Arabia. The tournament is scheduled to run for a month ending on the 15th July when the FIFA World Cup final will be held. You don’t want to miss this entertaining competition.
If you’re a fan of any of these teams or one of the many others competing, then you’re probably most interested in watching the matches. Unfortunately, if you’re watching and your local station is not broadcasting the game with your team, you could be out of luck. However, the wonders of the internet and technology allow you to access the services of other cable providers around the world using services like Kodi. This lets you watch your local team or your favorite as if you were in the country where the signal is being broadcast. Before you can really do this though, you need to get a VPN.
Why you need a VPN
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a very convenient online service for protecting your online information as you stream online content. A VPN service provides you with a private network between you and the host website such that you don’t have to worry about any monitoring as you stream. A VPN is also convenient in that it improves your internet speeds making your streaming much more enjoyable by eliminating buffering.
Kodi is a legal and official streaming service. However, Kodi add-ons may sometimes retrieve information from copyrighted sites. If you view copyrighted content and are discovered by the website, it can lead to prosecution or at the very least being banned from the website. Shellfire VPN can protect you from being banned or restricted by conveying a private network where other servers cannot view your streaming activities.
When it comes to accessing content from different countries, VPNs are even more important and useful though. When you are streaming without a VPN installed on your streaming device, you may encounter some websites that are restricted. Such websites are usually restricted mostly because of your geographic location. You can rely on Shellfire VPN to bypass geographical restrictions by masking your IP address. This is a key ability of VPNs and is something that enables you to get tons of unlimited content from anywhere around the globe.
Shellfire VPN has another feature however that makes it stand out even more from other commercial VPN services – in fact, it’s the reason that I use it and why I recommend it to all of my friends and family. You see with Shellfire you can purchase the Shellfire Box (buy it directly from Amazon with a year’s service included). The Shellfire Box is amazing. It’s a really simple, small device that you add directly to your home network and then ALL OF THE DEVICES in your home have access to a VPN service without having to worry about configuration or setup. It’s excellent!
Kodi Add-ons Where You Can Watch the 2018 FIFA World Cup
Kodi has various add-ons where you can get some of your best channels and stream online. You can watch the FIFA World Cup through the following add-ons on Kodi. (Before installing add-ons on Kodi, ensure you have enabled installation from unknown sources on Kodi. To do this, simply launch Kodi and select ‘Settings’ > ‘System Settings’ > ‘Add-ons Settings.’ Disable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option, and you are good to go.)
SportsDevil is a fan-favorite when it comes to sports. This add-on has various soccer matches and soccer leagues including the FIFA World Cup in different channels. Alternatively, SportsDevil also has other sports channels like basketball, wrestling, boxing and many others. You can catch the 2018 FIFA World Cup on Kodi through the SportsDevil add-on, and you can find all of the installation instructions here.
The Football Today add-on is one of the best Kodi add-ons for any soccer fanatic. The add-on has various soccer channels with different soccer leagues like the Europa League, Ligue 1, La Liga, the UEFA Champions League, Premier League and most importantly the FIFA World Cup. To install the Football today addon on your streaming device, simply follow the steps below.
- Open Kodi and go to the ‘Settings’ icon. Click on ‘File manager’ > ‘Add Source’ then on the dialogue box that appears click on <None>. Copy the web address below on the second field in the same dialogue box http://kdil.co/repo/, or you can use https://www.lvtvv.com/repo if the previous one doesn’t work. Name the source ‘kdil’ at the bottom space and select ‘OK.’
- Head back to the home page and click on ‘Add-ons’ > ‘Package Installer’ icon >‘Install from zip file’> ‘kdil’ >‘kodil.zip.’
- Let repository download and install then click on ‘Install from repository.’ Scroll through and select ‘Kodil Repository’ > ‘Video Add-ons’ > ‘Football Today’ > ‘Install’.
- To watch the FIFA World Cup on Kodi simply follow these instructions. Open Kodi homepage and select ‘Add-ons’ > ‘Video Add-ons’ > ‘Football Today’ > ‘Games’. In the next screen, you will be able to see all the games that are available where you can choose any stream you want.
If you miss out on any of the FIFA World Cup games, there is no need to worry since you can catch the whole replay on Kodi through the Football Replay add-on. Here is how to install the Football Replays add-on on your streaming device.
- Open Kodi and go to the ‘Settings’ icon in the left panel. Navigate through ‘File manager’ > ‘Add Source’ then on the dialogue box that appears click on <None>. Input the web address below in the middle field of the dialogue box. http://kdil.co/repo/ or you can use http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ if the previous one doesn’t work. Name the file ‘Kdil’ in the bottom slot and click ‘OK.’
- Go back to the Kodi homepage and click on ‘Add-ons.’ Select the ‘Open box’ icon at the left panel and click on ‘Install from zip file.’ Click on ‘Kdil’ then ‘Kodil.zip.’
- Wait for the repository to install the select ‘Install from repository’ > ‘Kodil repository’ > ‘Video add-ons’ > ‘Football Replays’ > ‘Install’.
- After the addon has installed, follow the instructions below to watch the FIFA World Cup on Kodi. Open Kodi home page and select ‘Add-ons’ > ‘Video Add-ons’ > ‘Football Replays’ > ‘Pick a league’ > ‘World Cup’. Select whether you want to watch the whole match or the match highlights. After selecting your preferred choice, simply select the team you want to watch and enjoy streaming.
Kodi is one of the most powerful tools when it comes to accessing streaming content online. If you want a quick and easy way of watching the 2018 FIFA World Cup abroad, you definitely need to utilize Kodi.