Imagine your customized app setup having all your favorite TV shows and movies. Sounds exciting right? This is what Kodi is all about. It is an open-source software media center, where a custom media streaming set up to view your favorite content can be created. It runs on platforms including Android, Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and iOS, which proves your content can be accessed effortlessly across all devices.
Venom is an add-on for Kodi which allows you to watch movies and TV shows from several websites. It is a trimmed-down fork of another third-party Kodi add-on, the Exodus Kodi add-on. The reason for the Venom add-on to become a hit in the Kodi add on the world is due to its high-quality streams and regular updates. Along with some of the newer Kodi add-ons like Grease and Movie Theater Butter, this add-on gives you some of the best content for free.
Its most important feature is the autoplay feature which selects streams with the highest quality and automatically plays the content from those sources. In order to avoid buffering issues and to provide a faster and a better download, Venom add-on works with Real Debrid that ensures better performance. The association of trakt.tv makes sure that all the content is in sync. It is compatible with Kodi 17.6 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia. It is featured with a scrapper set which is provided by the Open scrappers and a resolver set supplied by the Resolve URL. The last update of the Venom Kodi add-on was the version 3.1.8 on 29th August 2019 which contained mostly bug fixes.
Get a VPN For Venom and Kodi
While working with the third-party Kodi, it is always essential to protect your identity and security. This can be achieved by using a good VPN while streaming online. Since these Kodi add-ons offer unlimited streaming content, there are high chances that you will get into legal trouble if you are caught streaming copyrighted material (movies, TV shows, etc.). The use of a good VPN like Shellfire VPN helps here in many different ways. It hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocking, and ISP throttling just to name a few and it can be used with pretty much every device you can think of.
Geo-blocking makes many add-ons unavailable in specific locations; sometimes, even if they are available, their functionality is censored by different networks. A VPN like Shellfire VPN though, when used, will allow you to change your virtual location so that your add-on can run smoothly from anywhere. Hence the VPN empowers your add-on.
They also prevent ISP logging, where sometimes when VPNs are not used, it is easy for the ISPs to keep a log of your internet activity, including the content you view through Kodi. But with the usage of VPN, the web traffics are encrypted so that ISPs and other third parties cannot read your content.
Shellfire VPN has easy to use apps for Windows, Mac, Android, routers, and Linux so that you can run Kodi with the protection of a VPN on a wide range of devices. It also has something many other VPN providers do not and that is called the Shellfire Box. This little device sits on your network and is connected to your router. With it, in place, you have the ability to protect devices (like Smart TVs) with a VPN connection also.
Steps to Install Venom Kodi add-on in Kodi 17.6 / Kodi 18 Leia:
- Launch Kodi → Select the settings (cogwheel symbol) option (since we are downloading the add-on from third party sources) as shown below:
- Click on file manager in the bottom right of Kodi > Settings window and select source.
- Keeping the Add file source dialogue box open, position, and click on the selection.
- Type https://123venom.github.io/ and Press OK → Enter a name for media Source, type Venom & Press OK.
- Go back to Home Screen → Select Add-Ons.
- On the top left corner, you’ll get three new icons. Hover over to the Open Box (or unzipper, the first icon on the top left screen) and just click on it. Select Install from zip file > Select Venom > Click on repository.venom-x.x.zip (if the file version is a little bit different don’t be concerned. It has probably been updated recently).
- Wait for Venom Repo Add-on Installed notification. Press Install from Repository > Select Venom Repo > Tap Video add-ons.
- Select Venom > Click on Install.
- The add-on requires additional dependencies to work correctly. Click OK to download those dependencies.
- The Venom add-on starts to download on your Kodi. Once installed, you will receive a notification at the top right corner of the screen. The Venom add-on is now installed and ready to use.
To conclude, Venom is a perfect add-on for cord-cutters to stream their favorite movies, TV shows, and kids content. It also works tremendously with the cached torrents. But talking on the privacy aspect, a VPN like Shellfire VPN is mandatory while using Venom Kodi in order to safeguard your privacy. With a good VPN and a great add-on like Venom at your beck and call though, the world is your oyster!