Here is another promising Kodi addon that brings quality links to sports, TV shows, and movies. Installing Descent Kodi addon is a convenient procedure and anyone can do it in minutes to enjoy some extraordinary streaming free of cost. But don’t forget to use a VPN service before you install Descent Kodi addon.
Features of Descent Kodi Addon
You can install Descent Kodi addon from cy4root Repo but it is important to remember that this is a third-party source managed by community developers. Descent is a decent addon with a simple and smooth interface that resembles most of the reliable add-ons running on Kodi Leia 18. The good news is that Descent is also compatible with Kodi 18.
Once you install Descent Kodi addon and launch it, you find the layout quite fast and convenient. The media is arranged into simple clearly-labeled categories including:
- My Movies,
- Extended Info,
- TV Shows,
- My TV Shows,
- Recently Aired,
- New Episodes,
- Sports, and
- Circus Divas.
You must install a VPN service like Shellfire VPN with Descent because we have discovered after installing Descent Kodi addon that some links come from torrent sites. This is a major concern and you need to ensure anonymous streaming which you can only do if you are using a reliable VPN service.
Descent add-on also allows you to use your Real-Debrid account. This is the best way to enable top-quality streaming links with optimal performance.
- Descent Add-on Repository: cy4root Repo
- Descent Add-on URL: https://cy4root2.github.io/zip/
Advantages of Descent Add-on
- Good quality links and simple and smooth user interface
- Premium content including new episodes, newly aired TV shows, and latest movie titles available
- Also compatible with Kodi Leia 18
- Compatible with the Real-Debrid account
Disadvantages of Descent Add-on
- Descent is not an official Kodi add-on you have to run it only with a VPN in place
- It contains some links from torrent sites and that is why anonymous streaming via VPN become a necessity
The Best VPN for Online Streaming on Kodi
It is important to remember that Kodi doesn’t take any responsibility for what type of content you access using a community add-on. Kodi is just a media player and but its open-source nature makes it vulnerable. As a user, you hold the responsibility when using any third-party add-on from a community developer. For instance, if you install Descent Kodi addon or any third-party add-on, you need to take extra care to make sure that no watchdog can monitor your online activities. The only way to protect your identity and network connection is by using a VPN service.
Shellfire VPN is a highly reliable VPN service and you can purchase it by starting with a free trial. This trial period allows you to see if the service offers features that you need. We have tried scores of VPN services but none is better than Shellfire VPN because it has a wide network of servers spread across the globe. This way, you can easily bypass regional restrictions and use an IP address from a suitable location to access certain content.
These days, the Coronavirus outbreak has put immense pressure on ISPs because professionals and students are working online from their homes. Bandwidths are restricted these days but you can use Shellfire VPN to avoid speed issues and frequent disconnections in some regions.
Shellfire VPN allows you to stream media anonymously without leaving a track. This VPN service doesn’t maintain a log of its users’ online activities.
Instructions to Install Descent Kodi Addon
Installing Descent Kodi add-on means that you need to go through the familiar routine of configuring download settings on Kodi since you are going to install a third-party add-on.
- From Kodi Home Screen, go to Cogwheen icon (Settings) and then select System
- Hover the cursor over add-ons and then enable Unknown sources – the option you see at the wider blue panel on the right side
- Confirm settings by pressing YES
- Return to System interface and hit Folder icon (File Manager0
- Select Add source and then click <None>
- The text field will allow you to type the link or URL. Use the following link: https://cy4root2.github.io/zip/
- The next step is to type a name for the media source. You can type anything, we are naming it Descent
- Press OK and then return to System interface once more
- Press add-on or open-box icon
- Now you need to press Install from zip file and then select the name you selected for the media source. In our case, it is Descent
- Press repository.cy4root-master.zip
- The notification will turn up in seconds confirming the installation of the zip files
- Now you need to select Install from repository
- From the list of Repos, you need to select cy4root Repository
- Find Descent and select this addon
- Select Install
- Within seconds, the system will install Descent Kodi addon
- Finally, now you can return to Kodi Home Screen and from add-ons select Descent
- Launch the add-on and enjoy it!
You will not face any difficulty when installing Descent Kodi addon as it is working perfectly fine until now. But that is one part of the story. Streaming video content online could put you in trouble if you don’t protect your device, internet connection, or online activities from watchdogs and hackers. It is important to stream anonymously and also for optimal streaming performance. Never forget to install and run a VPN like Shellfire VPN before you use any media streaming application, plugin or add-on.